Saugatuck-Douglas, MI

Red Barn Theatre

       
 

The Red Barn Theatre has a long, varied and colorful history. The original brick structure and silo were built in 1914. The site was converted into a 100 seat rustic theatre in 1952 when the Saugatuck Players used the building to produce summertime plays. In the 1960s, Mr. James Dyas purchased the property and all of the outbuildings and turned the theater into an Equity house (the actors were hired professionals). It is now home to The Red Barn Players, part of The Lakeshore Arts Alliance which also presents concerts, film and various other entertainments throughout the year.

3657 63rd Street
Saugatuck, 49453
Phone: (269) 857-5300
Web: www.redbarnsaugatuck.com
Email: lakeshorearts@comcast.net

 
 
website email view location on a map Directions share this page
>  to business directory      >  maps and directions
 
home page | business directory | lodging | attractions | golf | events | virtual tour | visitors guide | meeting planner
 
Copyright Saugatuck/Douglas Convention & Visitors Bureau All Rights Reserved
Photography by Felicia Fairchild - All Rights Reserved